10/2 - Junior Hockey

For the first time in my photography career, I shot a hockey game that did not involve RIT at all. For my sports photography class, I was required to shoot two junior hockey games (in other words, high school hockey).

So my class and I headed on over to Monroe Community College where the games were being played. MCC has a nice Sports Complex on their campus, housing three different ice rinks. It's possible to have up to three different games being played at the same time.

I shot two different games today; Mayksmum Junior Hockey versus Frederick Freeze and Rochester Stars versus Capital District Selects Minor Jr.

It was a pretty interesting experience, shooting a non-RIT hockey game. It allowed me to focus on both teams instead of just one team, which gave me some more variety in my photos. I thought it was pretty fun.