5/24 - Spreading My Wings






Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated this blog in a while! It was in the middle of May, which is a VERY stressful time for all RITers. It's our 8th, 9th, 10th week plus the finals as well. Most stressful time of the year for us.

Anyway, during those times, I actually got an internship with the Rochester Red Wings, the AAA team of the Minnesota Twins. When I got the intern, it was a HUGE step in my goal of working with the Minnesota Twins after I graduate from RIT. Here's some sample of my work from the Wings games.

The first image posted was actually on the front page of MiLB.com for a day or so. Danny Valencia was on a hot streak at the time (riding on a 10-game hitting streak) so they used my picture to show him to the nation. And yes, my name was on the photo! Awesome!

The second picture is Dustin Martin. I took this image right after he watched the ball he hit soar to the right field fence for a homer. Just a nice little picture of him watching the sail. Nice.

The third picture up is Matt Marci pulling a double play. You know what's interesting? In my near-three years of shooting baseball, this was my VERY first successful double play image. Oh, on another note, Marci is from Des Moines, Iowa too! Too bad he went to Dowling High School instead of Roosevelt. Just kidding! Still a great guy.

Toby Gardenhire holds the clean-up picture in the 4th one of the lineup. Toby is actually the son of the Minnesota Twins' manager, Ron Gardenhire. Should be fun to see him getting called up to the show and play for his father. Maybe Toby will finally pay his dad back all of the money he owes him with the major league salary.

In the final picture posted, it was last Friday during their previous homestand. It was raining hard during the game, so I had to shack up in the dugout, staying out of the rain and keeping my equipment dry. This picture of Brain Dinkelman is one of those images where I call it PURE LUCK. I mean, how often do you get to see a broken bat being broken in the picture?? Oh, and did I mention it was raining? AWESOME.