4/28 - Hittin' the Mall





Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been able to post a few pictures up to this blog. I've just been so busy in the past weeks with the trip to Washington DC and my internship with the Rochester Red Wings starting up. Anyway, here's a couple of snapshots that I took while my trip down to Washington DC.
The first image posted is the National History Museum, where the second "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller took place.
The second image is obvious. It's the Washington Monument, with our good 'ole American flag waving proudly in front of it.
The third image is the World War II Memorial. The place is awesome. My friends and I spent most of our time walking around the memorial, checking out every quotes and states inscribed into the granite. It's really gorgeous and yet so sad at the time. But I'm proud of those men and women who gave their lives for us in the war. God Bless them.
The last image is the sculpture of what could be our most popular president, Abraham Lincoln. The quote that stands behind him states "In this temple, as in the hearts of the people, for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
Overall, I had a blast walking around the National Mall with my friends for a good two or three hours. However, I felt that it wasn't enough time for us to check out everything. We were in a rush. I really want to go to EVERY building in the National Mall and really take it all in. There's just sooo much history that I want to take in.