4/10 - Spring Training





Sorry I haven't been updating my blog in the recent days. I've been really busy with other things, such as school, RIT Hockey, and getting ready for the Red Wings baseball to start. Oh, and the RIT/Gally Sports weekend as well.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures from my trip to the Cubs' Spring Training in Arizona over my Spring Break.

The first picture is Brett Jackson, the Cubs' 2009 first round draft pick. He got hit by pitch at that at-bat and I was able to capture the moment right before when the ball hit him. Incoming pain...

The second picture is a long-time Iowa Cubs Micah Hoffpauir and his daughter, Addyson. We were talking after the game and his wife and the kid came over to him. Addyson went on on the field to run around and wave to everybody, just like her daddy does after every game. I was able to get a great picture of Micah and his daughter looking out onto the field. I love how both of them shows HOFFPAUIR and #6 on the back of their jersey. Like father like daughter.

The third picture is Carlos Zambrano, the Cubs-longest tenure player. It's just a nice action shot that I like.

And the final picture is Iowa Cubs outfielder Sam Fuld, who was signing baseballs before the game was starting. Here's a cool story about him: the day before he signed that ball, he hit a home run to right field and his newborn 3-weeks old son, Charlie, caught the home run ball (with the aid of the mother). It was Charlie's first time to see his dad in action. He's probably thinking, "Here's one for my kid!" Pretty cool, huh?